Grease Junkies car club
Welcome to the Grease Junkies forum.
If you wish to view the forum content, please log in. Sign up today if you do not have an account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Grease Junkies car club
Welcome to the Grease Junkies forum.
If you wish to view the forum content, please log in. Sign up today if you do not have an account.
Grease Junkies car club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 77 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:42 am

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand

+2
BigV8
MissLeighMcKay
6 posters

Go down

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand Empty Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand

Post by MissLeighMcKay Tue May 31, 2016 11:42 am

Okay...so next year, we want to have a stand that will draw attention (obviously for all the right reasons Wink )

Next year, we will have a stand theme. For example: pirates, 80's disco etc.

This means, cars will be decorated along with the actual stand. Members will be dressed up in fancy dress. Our aim is to get the best stand award!

Come throw some ideas at us on what theme we should go for. We will then create a poll for you all to vote for your favourite theme!
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand Empty Re: Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand

Post by MissLeighMcKay Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 pm

After finding out who won awards at Tunerfest on Sunday, I asked the organiser what kind of things do the judges look for in a club. Here is the reply:

Nigel Ashley wrote:A lot would depend on who’s judging and what they look for, but for Brands we looked at…
[list][*] Variety
[*] Display (visual impact)
[*] Use of space provided
[*] Cleanliness of cars
[*] Image (shirts, gazebo, banners, etc)/list]

I hope that helps a bit, but don’t beat yourselves up, I’m impressed that you all, as a club, are looking at improving what you already do well.

First of all, we already have a variety of cars on stand with us.

Secondly, we do try and use all the space we are given and try to make positions of cars as nicely done as possible BUT it doesn't help that some people who come on stand with us may think they're better than others and try and move their car around to somewhere that is better suited for themselves. If we ask you to park your car a certain way, there is a reason for it and please comply.

Thirdly, we are letting ourselves down with the cleanliness of our cars. Some of us take pride in making sure our cars are spotless but others are not. If you come to a show with us, please clean your car, even if it means taking it to the £5 car wash down the road.

Forthly, it would be nice if members who have already bought T-Shirts with us could wear them. We are already trying to raise funds to buy a club gazebo and new banners/flags but at the moment, we are struggling.
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand Empty Re: Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand

Post by BigV8 Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Well where i let myself down with the car being dirty i make up for by always wearing my shirt lol
BigV8
BigV8
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CivicChick Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Good idea! I'm definitely coming with you next year to Modified Nationals. These guys stood out for me at this years show..

Oh and I don't know how we didn't take best stand at Tunerfest - It's the best stand I've ever been on! Who did win out of interest? See if I actually walked past them :/

But any way - You see this lot at Mod Nats?

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand DSC_0498

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand DSC_0499

Modified Nationals 2017 - Ideas for stand DSC_0503
CivicChick
CivicChick

http://www.emmabowdidge.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dopey Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 pm

We have tshirt but only 2 of us wore them to tunerfest I think we should get jumpers with website the name and our forum name on them
Dopey
Dopey

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:59 pm

The winners were:
Best Club Stand ~ Bedfordshire RS Owners Club
Best Tuned Cars ~ Modified Girls
Best Single Marque Club ~ Evolution
Best Multi Marque Club ~ Kent Cruising
Biggest Club Display ~ Southern Society
Cleanest Cars ~ L N Customs
Best Club Under 20 Cars ~ Fitment Junkies

I've ordered myself a Grease Junkies vest top as a trial. If they come out well, we can then sell more merchandise and then best bit is, there's no minimum order.
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dopey Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:01 pm

That's good coz I'm up for anything else I wanna see about getting some jogger shorts if u know what I mean
Dopey
Dopey

Back to top Go down

Post by mike_je94 Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:54 pm

I personally would definitely buy perhaps a jumper as what Dan (Dopey) mentioned.

That new font on the website banner looks better than the old style one. I think put that on a Jumper or t shirt at a minimum and see if perhaps get the website/facebook addresses on them.

I know that sounds easier said than done but I think it would be a good idea.

In the mean time, I will try and think of any ideas for a theme. As for once, I might actually try and come to a show like modified nationals.

mike_je94

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:35 pm

I do keep going to look at jumper etc but never get much interest. I will look into it again and get some designs made up. If anyone wants them, they will have to pay the money up front before I order so we know we have enough interest.
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_carbon_jay Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Golf theme.. crazy golf style..
crazy_carbon_jay
crazy_carbon_jay

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Thats a good idea, I like that!
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CivicChick Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:50 am

Oooh crazy golf!
CivicChick
CivicChick

http://www.emmabowdidge.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BigV8 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 am

Like the golf idea. I also like the idea we had at the agm of having it set up in sections race/audio/stance etc
BigV8
BigV8
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dopey Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:25 pm

The golf idea is pretty good and do we have many audio cars and hopefully I'm attending this year
Dopey
Dopey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum