Grease Junkies car club
Welcome to the Grease Junkies forum.
If you wish to view the forum content, please log in. Sign up today if you do not have an account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Grease Junkies car club
Welcome to the Grease Junkies forum.
If you wish to view the forum content, please log in. Sign up today if you do not have an account.
Grease Junkies car club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 77 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:42 am

New MOT testing in May

3 posters

Go down

New MOT testing in May Empty New MOT testing in May

Post by MissLeighMcKay Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am

There's going to be some changes to the MOT testing which has been plastered all over Facebook over the last week.

It looks like they are clamping down on diesels so I'm not sure if my car will pass come next January.

Here's a article from Express about it: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/909398/MoT-test-changes-May-2018-diesel-cars

They're changing advisories to minor fails that will not be noted down as a MOT fail but will be noted on your test certificate. There is also 3 categories now for previous advisories and fails:

• Minor fail - defects having no significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment and other minor non-compliances. If only defects of a minor nature are present a test certificate will still be issued.
  • Major - defects that may prejudice the safety of the vehicle, have an impact on the environment, put other road users at risk or other more significant non-compliances.
  • Dangerous - defects constituting a direct and immediate risk to road safety or having an impact on the environment which is dangerous to drive away from the MOT centre.

Major oil leaks from anywhere (including the gearbox) will be an automatic fail, a DPF will now apparently be checked and if there is obvious signs of it being tampered with (removed and welded back up or no DPF anymore) then it will be a automatic fail.

If my car fails next year, looks like I am selling the Lancer and getting a petrol car.

What does everyone else think?
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

New MOT testing in May Empty Re: New MOT testing in May

Post by APF_24 Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Kinda put me off buying a diesel like I was planning as my next car. Plus I'm probably going to have harder getting my work vans MOT as there no their emissions would be near the original standard after 100k plus miles.
APF_24
APF_24

https://www.instagram.com/apf_24/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLeighMcKay Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

@APF_24 I don't think the majority of diesels will still emit the same amount of emissions as they did apparently from factory.
MissLeighMcKay
MissLeighMcKay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dopey Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 pm

glad I have petrol but not when it comes to fuel prices and mpg haha
Dopey
Dopey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content